Are you interested in trying out Amazon Prime Video, but not quite ready to commit to a subscription? Amazon offers a free trial for new users, allowing you to explore their content library without any upfront costs. In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Video’s free trial, including what you can watch, the difference between Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime Video, and the latest deals on offer.
What is Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video is an on-demand streaming service provided by Amazon. It is included as a standard feature for all Amazon Prime memberships and can also be subscribed to separately by non-Prime users. Prime Video offers a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and Amazon Original series, with thousands of titles to choose from. Amazon Originals, such as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, are exclusive shows produced by the company and have garnered critical acclaim.
Additionally, Amazon Prime Video has started producing movies and has signed exclusive deals for streaming certain live sports events, like NFL Thursday Night Football. Subscribers can also access additional content by subscribing to premium networks like Starz, Showtime, AMC+, and Paramount+ for an extra monthly cost.
What can you watch on Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video boasts an extensive content library, with thousands of titles available for streaming. You can watch popular movies and TV shows, including classics and recent releases. In addition, Amazon Prime Video is known for its high-quality Amazon Original series such as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, and The Man in the High Castle. You can also subscribe to premium networks like Starz, Showtime, AMC+, and Paramount+ for an extra monthly cost, giving you access to even more content.
What Is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a subscription-based service offered by Amazon that includes a range of benefits such as free two-day shipping, exclusive shopping deals, and access to streaming services like Amazon Prime Video and Prime Music. Amazon Prime members can also take advantage of unlimited photo storage and access to a selection of free e-books through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
Is Amazon Prime different from Amazon Prime Video?
Yes, Amazon Prime and Amazon Prime Video are different, although Prime Video is included as a part of the Amazon Prime membership. Amazon Prime is a comprehensive subscription service that offers a variety of benefits, including free shipping, exclusive deals, and access to streaming services. On the other hand, Amazon Prime Video is Amazon’s on-demand streaming service that focuses solely on providing video content, such as movies, TV shows, and Amazon Original series. If you’re not interested in the other benefits of Amazon Prime, you can subscribe to Amazon Prime Video as a standalone service.
Does Amazon Prime Video have a free trial?
Yes, Amazon Prime Video does offer a free trial, but it’s tied to the Amazon Prime free trial. New users can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, which includes access to Amazon Prime Video. To be eligible for the free trial, you must not have been an Amazon Prime member in the last 12 months. Once your trial expires, you can choose to continue with a paid subscription or cancel the service.
Amazon Prime Video Deals
Amazon Prime Video offers several deals for new and existing users. College students can enjoy a six-month free trial of Prime, including Prime Video, and receive exclusive online shopping deals and a discounted rate once the trial ends. Discounts for the full Prime service are also available for people with an EBT or Medicaid card, at a reduced fee of $6.99 per month. If you’re looking for a standalone Prime Video subscription, it’s available for $8.99 per month, while the full Amazon Prime membership costs $14.99 per month or $139 per year.
How to sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial
Signing up for an Amazon Prime free trial is easy and straightforward. Just follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Amazon website: Go to Amazon Prime
- Look for the “Try Prime” button: At the top right corner of the screen, you’ll find a button that says “Try Prime.” Click on it.
- Sign in or create an Amazon account: If you already have an Amazon account, you’ll be prompted to sign in with your email address and password. If you’re new to Amazon, you can create an account by clicking on the “Create your Amazon account” button and providing the necessary details, such as your name, email address, and a password.
- Enter your payment information: After signing in or creating an account, you’ll need to provide your credit card or debit card details. Don’t worry; you won’t be charged during your free trial period, but it’s necessary for Amazon to have your payment information on file.
- Start your free trial: Once you’ve entered your payment details, click on the “Start your 30-day free trial” button. This will activate your Amazon Prime free trial, which includes access to Amazon Prime Video.
- Enjoy the benefits: With your Amazon Prime free trial activated, you can now enjoy all the benefits that come with the membership, such as free two-day shipping on eligible items, access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, and, of course, Prime Video.
Remember to cancel your trial before the 30 days are up if you don’t want to continue with the service, as Amazon will automatically charge your card for the monthly or annual fee once the trial period ends. To cancel, go to the “Your Prime Membership” section in your account settings, and follow the prompts to end your trial.
Amazon Prime Membership Plans and Price
Amazon offers different Prime membership plans with varying prices to cater to the diverse needs of its customers. Here are the current Amazon Prime membership pricing details:
- Regular Amazon Prime Membership:
- $14.99 per month
- $139 per year
- Prime Video Membership (standalone):
- $8.99 per month
- Amazon Prime Student Membership
- $7.49 per month
- $69 per year
- Prime Access for EBT, Medicaid, and other select government assistance recipients:
- $6.99 per month
Please note that your Prime Membership may be subject to sales tax in some states. To know more about taxes, go to Tax on Amazon Prime.
To cancel your Amazon Prime membership, go to Manage Prime Membership.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime membership
Canceling your Amazon Prime membership is a simple process. Follow these steps to cancel your subscription:
- Go to the Amazon website (www.amazon.com) and sign in to your account.
- Hover over the “Accounts & Lists” tab in the upper right corner of the homepage and click on “Your Prime Membership” in the dropdown menu.
- In the “Your Prime Membership” page, you will see information about your membership status and benefits. On the left side of the page, click the “Manage Membership” dropdown menu.
- Select “End Membership” or “Cancel My Benefits” from the options provided.
- Amazon may present you with alternative options, such as switching to a monthly plan or pausing your membership. If you still want to cancel, continue by clicking “Continue to Cancel” or “Cancel Membership.”
- You may be asked to confirm your cancellation one final time. Click “Cancel Membership” to complete the process.
Once you have successfully canceled your Amazon Prime membership, you will receive a confirmation email. Keep in mind that if you have any remaining benefits, such as Prime Video or Prime Music, they will also be canceled when you end your Prime membership.
Amazon Prime Video’s free trial is an excellent opportunity to explore the streaming platform and its extensive content library without any upfront costs. With a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and Amazon Original series, Prime Video has something
The Amazon Prime Video free trial is a 30-day trial period that allows new users to access and stream Amazon Prime Video content without charge. The trial is typically tied to the Amazon Prime free trial, which also lasts for 30 days.
To sign up for the Amazon Prime Video free trial, visit the Amazon Prime website and click on the “Try Prime” button. Follow the prompts to create an account or sign in if you already have one. You will need to enter a valid payment method, but you won’t be charged until your trial period ends.
No, if you cancel your Amazon Prime Video free trial before the 30-day period ends, you will not be charged. However, make sure to cancel before the trial ends to avoid being charged for the next membership period.
Generally, the Amazon Prime Video free trial is only available to users who have never signed up for a Prime trial or have not had Prime (either a trial or paid membership) any time in the last 12 months. However, Amazon occasionally offers free trials to loyal customers, though these trials may be shorter than 30 days.
Yes, during the Amazon Prime Video free trial, you will have full access to all content available on the platform, including movies, TV shows, and Prime Original series.
When your free trial ends, you will be automatically charged for the next membership period, either monthly or annually, depending on the plan you chose during sign-up. To avoid being charged, make sure to cancel your membership before the trial period ends.
Yes, you can still access Amazon Prime Video as a standalone service by subscribing to Prime Video separately for a monthly fee of $8.99.